Below are some parking guidelines and directions:
- Please park on 16th Street whenever legal. In general, parking is unrestricted on weekends but is prohibited during morning and evening rush hour weekdays. The evening weekday restriction ends at 6:30 pm. Refer to the posted signs. Note: parking on 16th Street extends beyond our block in both directions and parking is ample on both sides of the street.
- During restricted hours please park on Kalmia, east of 16th Street, or on the north side of Jonquil, or on other side streets.
- Be aware that DC law requires parked cars to be 5 feet from a residential driveway. Residents will call the police if your car is within that limit, and officers will ticket.
- Weekday visitors to WES should not park in the upper parking lot we share with two daycare centers, the one immediately next to the rear of the building, during their hours of operation, 7 am until 6 pm.
- Do not double park in the parking lots and never park in the alley. Nor is the alley an appropriate stopping place to unload.
- All visitors are encouraged to carpool or use public transportation. The S4 bus line stops at Sixteenth and Kalmia, and the Silver Spring metro station is a short walk away, about fifteen minutes.