WES is so excited to be hosting two special events in the humanist world at the end of March–and we’d love your support. These are ways for us to show our connection to both religious and secular humanists across the country!
March 24 – Platform will feature four humanist
March 25-26 – WES will host the Humanist Clergy & Organizer Collaboratory (co-founded by Senior Leader Amanda Poppei), bringing together UU ministers, Ethical Culture Leaders, humanistic rabbis, and this year secular organizers to think Big Thoughts together! You can help
- Offering a space in your home for participants who have requested home hospitality – email Amanda
- Supporting travel stipends for humanist organizers who don’t have institutional support – https://faithify.org/projects/humanist-collaboratory-travel-scholarships/
March 30 – WES will host the American Humanist Association’s conference, Centering the Margins: A Summit for BIPOC and LGBTQ Nontheists.
- If you fit one of those identities, you are very invited to attend! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/centering-the-margins-a-summit-for-bipoc-lgbtq-nontheists-tickets-54978658648
- And, because WES is a core sponsor as the host, we get to have a table and let folks know about who we are! Please email Amanda if you’d like to staff that table.
- The AHA encourages the organization to send table staffers who are BIPOC or LGBTQ, though it’s not required.
Thank you for helping WES to be ever more connected to the broader humanist community!